Here is a update from Jennifer Burns at the RRRD office about Spring trail issues. Comments are open on this post to get feedback on the signs. Some things to consider are how much the sign educates other users about multi-use and the way bikers use the trail. For instance the sign might include language warning hikers and users to avoid using headphones while on the trail as this can cause conflicts and safety issues. Hit this post with your thoughts.
- We continue in drought conditions. The dry earth is challenging trail maintenance.
Please stay on established trails and protect the stressed out plants and soils.
- · Attached is a proposed sign for some of our more well used trails where I am receiving more than usual
complaints about bikers not understanding the etiquette. I would like your feedback regarding this sign.
- · Work on the “hog” trails continues…and needs your help. Light and heavy work is
still needed to get these trails on the system. Please come out to volunteer for trail work days. See attached schedule.
- · A FS trail crew is doing maintenance throughout the area through the end of April;
Friends of the Forest trail crew continues their work to reconstruct steps at Midgley Bridge Vista and update trail signs.
- · Adopt a Trail is alive and well. Give a call to Forrest (203-7509) if you want to adopt a trail or need help (or training).
Do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or concerns regarding trails,
Recreation Staff Officer
Red Rock Ranger District